The ultimate goal is to build trust in the visitor’s mind to make them feel that they are making a sound and confident decision when enquiring or buying from you. Below we have listed some helpful tips that we introduce to clients which will change their websites into a marketing tool to generate leads.
The headline plays a BIG part in first impressions. Try to create a headline with a ‘unique value proposition’ that resonates with your visitors, i.e:
‘Start an Account’ – Why should I? I have no idea about your company?
‘30 day free trail on all our accounts’ – OK, sounds interesting. I want to scroll down and read more.
2. Social Proof
- Customer testimonials – People who champion you and your company.
- Case studies – A detailed overview listing the goals set, challenges you faced and how you and your company were able to deliver.
- Social media – VERY POWERFUL TOOL – Use to document your projects i.e. before, during and after. Get testimonials/comments and likes on your posts.
- Online Videos – Capture behind the scenes how your company operates and showcase what makes your business special.
- Detail your ‘expertise’ in industry.
- Years in business.
- Facts and figures – i.e. How many orders or cases completed/shipped, customers you have helped etc.
- Customer satisfaction – i.e. Trust Pilot, Trip Advisor, Survey Monkey
- Industry accreditations / certificates
- Awards – Winner and Finalists
4. Clear Contact Info
- Telephone/email link in prominent position (usually to right).
- Clear contact information.
- Live chat – engage users while they are on your website to increase conversion.
- Always list a landline. If listing a mobile it does not look very professional and does not build the sense of ‘stability’ in the visitor’s mind.
5. Short Forms
- Ask for the bare essentials (Name, Tel, Email etc) to reduce interrupting the user from submitting/purchasing – If you require a lot of information try to collect the majority on a follow up phone call.
- Use offer/promotion download in exchange for the visitor’s details.
- Build a database to market towards.
Measure – The most important tool to show performance and analyse data to make informed decisions to make refinements and enhance conversions.
Install Google Analytics – It is an amazing tool and we highly recommend it.